A wealth of content is available on the Web.
With the assistance of top search engines like Yahoo or Google, most Web users have mastered content discovery.
On the other hand, keeping track of content updates is another story for most Internet users, but not for those that use ChangeDetect.com for web page monitoring.
Of course “RSS feeds” are slowly becoming more popular and individual websites may have deployed proprietary update notification technology, but not all users want to manage the complexities of new technologies like RSS feeds. Others do not want to invest precious resources learning yet another update notification service that only applies to a particular website.
These days, everyone can name their favorite website and most people are comfortable with using e-mail services. RSS technology, however, is still not widely understood and/or adopted. In addition, most on-site update notification implementations are firmly under the control of the website owner’s webmaster.
Therefore Internet users are finding value in centralizing web page monitoring and change notification with one, simple third-party service.
Similarly, many corporate users have a business need for website change notification including monitoring sensitive content for any web-enabled content up to and including (1) new marketing announcements for a competitor, (2) the latest industry news and/or (3) joint venture partnerships between competitors.
Timely business information about the internal workings of a company comes easily to insiders but those on the outside want and need much of the same information as insiders. Many would argue that some of those outside parties may be entitled to more information than insiders (at least in the case of outside investors, government regulators and even watchdog organizations). In all cases, the information delivery must also be in as timely a manner as possible.
However it is many a webmaster standing in the way of the business needs of organizational “outsiders” who demand an simple solution to monitor changes specific to certain areas of the webmaster’s public website.
Internet users value centralizing content monitoring and change notification with one, simple hosted solution.
Web Page Monitoring
Web Page Monitoring Defined: Web Page Monitoring is an Internet service that saves a user’s favorite web pages, regularlly monitors them for changes and sends an e-mail alert with the actual changes included in the notification.
There are two approaches taken by web page monitoring providers.
- Download software
- Online web services
Of the two web page monitoring delivery approaches, online web page monitoring services are of higher value because there is nothing to download to your computer and new web page monitoring features can easily be added to the service.
Also, having to download and then install software onto a laptop or workstation can also be a very serious virus risk. Most large corporations have implemented stringent policies against installing unknown and/or unproven software onto their mobile devices and computer networks.
With an online web page monitoring service, the solution runs safely on the Web as a secure service.
Web Page Monitoring: Service Benefits
Top 10 reasons why you need a web page monitoring solution today!
- Be the first to know about relevant content changes to the web content that interests you the most
- Automatically, track any web-enabled content for updates
- Monitor high value content hidden behind password protected web pages
- Track changes to dynamic web searches and HTML forms
- Use custom cookies to further unlock the hidden web to content monitoring
- Avoid computer viruses because there is nothing to download when you use a web service
- Monitor sensitive content such as a competitor’s website, press releases or online price changes — all done confidentially and privately from the web page monitoring service’s (anonymous third-party) proxy servers
- Leverage a unique, self-healing technical implementation for proactive web page change tracking that consistently delivers results that other services are unable to match
- Collaborate with content monitoring experts offering premium web page monitoring services
- Work anywhere as you work online…
Who Uses Web Page Monitoring?
Web users just like you use web page monitoring services to track their favorite web-enabled content for changes.
- Sales Professionals
- Business Executives
- Intellectual Property Attorneys
- Newsletter Publishers
- Librarians and Information Researchers
- Software Developers
- Software Buyers
- Message Board Subscribers
- Job Seekers
ADVANCED TIP: The best web page monitoring solution features content changes with color coded highlighting, in red and green. Red is used for removed content while green is used for recently added content.